Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

GM Looks To Crash Tesla's Party

This is great. There has been such an uproar in the past couple of days since GM announced that it plans to go head to head again Tesla Motors and bring to market a long range fully electric EV priced in the $30,000 range. All I can say is great!!! Go for it. Rah rah General Motors. However, lets make something abundantly clear - GM, you will never be able to beat Tesla at it's own game - and here's why GM is not an aspirational brand, simple as that. Love the idea that you (GM) is working to build a cheaper longer range ev, it's going to be great for the industry and for the environment. But Tesla has built itself as a premium brand, they have done what you guys (Big American Auto) should have done 10, 15, 20 years ago), you need to have great design, great marketing and great quality. I have bought two American cars in my lifetime and I use them as beater cars, I do not use them for my actual day to day driving, I just don't like them, they don't feel as good, react as good, look as good as a European car.

Tesla, I got my eye on you and I do want one of your cars. That will be my third American car and I will drive it on a daily basis. GM, not even interested in what you bring to market.

Couple good links on the topic, if any of you are interested:
GM Refuses To Be Pawn In Game
GM Takes On Tesla And Might Win
Tesla Is Apple Pre-IPhone