Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Finally A Little Love Towards Apple

I've traded apple for the past few years with moderate success, haven't made a fortune, but have been safely able to make some money, overall I've been long and cumulatively adding to my holdings for the long haul. The past year has been suffice to say PAINFUL, the legion of media hounds has for the most part been very negative and I guess I can't blame them, Apple really does need to come up with some new products to light a fire under people's pants. When the latest IPhones came out a few weeks ago I had hope, and then the media started railing in to the company saying it was just an incremental alteration, more or less - and they are right - but finally we're getting some honest opinion - that the phones are good, the new OS is a great experience and things seem to be getting a little better at Apple (remember the maps fiasco).

I'm sincerely hoping for some sort of great TV product to be announced - i would love to have a fully integrated smart home with my apple products, but it seems the company is really dragging their feet on this one - hopefully their slowwww efforts are not an example of them ignoring the possibilities and instead actually striving to make a great product lineup. We'll see.

So if any of you are interested in what I'll title The First Happy Story About Apple In Awhile - here's the Fortune round up of commentary on the phones.